Did you know that 11 new people start using social media every second? It’s safe to say that social media has become a vital part of everyday life for people all over the world. With the tremendous amount of digital growth in the past few years, it’s more important than ever to have a strong social presence. One of the best ways to gain insights into your social media strategy is by paying attention to yearly social media statistics. Let’s take a closer look.
How Many People Use Social Media?
There are over 4.5 billion people now that use the internet on a regular basis and over 3.6 billion of these people are on some form of social media. But how do you sort through those 3.8 billion people to reach your ideal customers? Looking at each social media platform is a good place to start in determining where you should focus your efforts.
Facebook remains the most widely used platform today, reaching roughly 60% of internet users. With this impressive reach comes many opportunities to market your brand including Facebook Advertising and Facebook Pages. The platform is suited to both B2B and B2C, with a variety of ad formats, targeting options, and measurement capabilities catering to almost any marketing strategy. Take a look at the following stats from 2020 & 2021:
- 2.89 billion monthly active users. (Statistica)
- 89% of marketers use Facebook in their brand marketing efforts. (Sprout Social)
- 86% of marketers use Facebook Advertising. (Emarketer)
- 77% of consumers say would shop from a brand they follow on social over one they do not. (Sprout Social)
- More than 200 million small businesses worldwide use Facebook Pages. (Oberlo)
- 65% of Facebook users are under the age of 35. (Statistica)
- 98.3% of active Facebook users accessed the social media platform with mobile devices. (Statistica)
- Average time users spend on Facebook each month is 19.5 hours. (Oberlo)
- Business decision-makers spend 74% more time on Facebook than other users. (Medium)
Instagram is arguably the most relevant platform due to its many updates and near-constant stream of new features. In 2019 alone, the platform was testing a new display layout for IGTV and Instagram Stories, a “like hiding” feature in the U.S., and the “Reels” feature which is akin to TikTok. With the constant focus on staying current with the changing times, it’s no surprise that Instagram has seen much growth in user count and engagement. Take a look below:
- Over 1 billion monthly active users–a 42.86% increase from 2017 when it had 700 million. (Statistica)
- 90% of users follow a business on the platform. (Instagram)
- The average post on Instagram contains 10.7 hashtags. (Oberlo)
- 71% of active users are under the age of 35. (Statistica)
- Over 500 million accounts use Instagram stories every day. (Sprout Social)
- A median engagement of 1.22% across all industries. (Sprout Social)
- 78% of users identify Instagram posts as the most effective content format for influencer marketing. (Marketing Charts)
- 71% of US businesses use Instagram. (Oberlo)
Twitter prides itself on being the platform of discovery with a focus on current trends and events happening NOW. In fact, the average tweet has a median lifespan of 18-24 minutes, meaning that a tweet gets half of its interactions in the first half-hour of posting. Twitter is also one of the best platforms for customer service. Many brands will advise their customers to tweet them with their questions or concerns. With an average response time of 1 hour and 24 minutes, the platform boasts many opportunities to increase customer experience with your brand. What else does Twitter have going for it?
- 145 million daily active users. (Twitter)
- 500 million tweets each day with 6,000 tweets sent every second. (David Sayce)
- The largest percentage of Twitter’s user base is American at 20%. (Statistica)
- Users are 26% more likely to view ads on the platform than on any other leading platform. (Hootsuite)
- 77% of Twitter users have a more positive outlook on a brand when their tweet has been responded to. (Brand Watch)
- Brands send out a median of 0.86 tweets per day, for which they see a median engagement of 0.048%. (Sprout Social)
- 38% of 18-29-year-olds in the U.S. use Twitter. (Statistica)
- 12% of Americans get their news from Twitter. (Journalism)
- Tweets with hashtags result in 100% more engagement. (Sendible)
LinkedIn started out as a recruitment platform but quickly transitioned into a professional network where users go to educate themselves. This makes LinkedIn the best platform for content marketing, especially in the B2B sphere. LinkedIn also gives you very specific audience targeting options including job title and industry, making lead generation much more successful than any other platform. In fact, 62% of users say that LinkedIn generates 1-2 times more leads than the next highest social channel. Check out more statistics below:
- The platform currently has over 706 million users. (Linkedin)
- 30 million companies are on LinkedIn. (Hootsuite)
- 45% of marketers have gained customers through the platform. (Sprout Social)
- 65% of B2B companies have used LinkedIn paid ads to acquire customers. (Neil Patel)
- 95% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 61% of users are between 25 and 34 years old. (Statistica)
- 57% of traffic is via mobile devices. (Tech Jury)
- 30% of a company’s engagement on LinkedIn comes from its employees. (Linkedin)
- 4 out of 5 users on Linkedin are key decision-makers. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
While LinkedIn is the prime B2B networking hub, Pinterest’s strength mainly lies in the B2C world. In fact, 64% of users describe the platform as a place to find ideas, products, and services they can trust. See more stats below:
- Pinterest has 300 million active users. (Pinterest)
- 71% of Pinterest users are female. (macrotrends)
- 77% of weekly pinners have discovered a new brand or product on the platform. (Pinterest)
- 98% of active users report trying new things they find on Pinterest. (Sprout Social)
- 83% of active users have made a purchase based on content they saw on Pinterest. (Hootsuite)
- The median age of a user is 40 but the majority of active users are below 40. (Statistica)
- 28% of marketers use Pinterest. (Oberlo)
- 89% of pinners use Pinterest to decide what to buy. (Pinterest)
- 50% of users have made a purchase after seeing a promoted pin. (Sprout Social)
Benefits of Social Media Statistics
Statistics on social media usage are extremely helpful when building a social media marketing strategy. Statistical data tells you what consumers are doing - what platforms they are on, what kind of content leads them to convert, what are specific areas of interest to them, etc. Because of this, they make a great starting point for anyone wanting to create or ramp up their social media presence. From there, you can tailor your efforts based on data specific to your target audience.
Speaking of your audience, social media statistics can also give you insight into the demographics of your prospects. This can include gender, age, and even more specific data like interests and occupation. This knowledge is critical to determine how you create and style your messaging.
The Importance of Social Media Marketing
With more and more buyers joining social media networks, it’s no surprise that social media marketing has become a must-have in a solid digital marketing strategy. Social media allows brands to access cost-effective marketing, interact with their audience, and build brand loyalty.
Increased Site Traffic
By sharing content on social media, you are giving users a reason to click through to your website. This is why it’s important to create quality content that is tailored to your target audience. Posting and sharing blog articles that are written to answer questions or provide insight on an issue your prospects are facing will likely result in them clicking through and possibly converting into a lead on your site.
Build Relationships with Your Target Audience
A business that connects with its customers has the potential to grow immensely. By growing a relationship with your audience, you are not only communicating to them what you do but building trust in your brand. You can engage with your customers by responding to comments, mentions, and messages. Your social media platforms are also a great place to show off positive customer reviews.
Tell Your Story
Behind every business is a great story, and users love stories. People who do not know you may find your business more intriguing if they know not only what you do, but why you do it. They will be able to relate to your stories on a much more personal level, making you more memorable and more likely to get their business.
Increase Brand Awareness
Social media is perhaps the best platform to increase your brand awareness. You can do this by creating visually appealing content that consistently reflects your brand’s identity. The goal is to catch the attention of potential customers and keep your brand at the top of their minds. This requires effort in the form of creating interesting and attractive content on a regular basis.
Social Media Strategy at LAIRE
If you read through these statistics and want to get in on the action, then you’ve come to the right place! We look at social media as well as other avenues of digital marketing to craft the perfect strategy for you based on your goals. If you’d like to learn more, then contact us today!