2021 is coming to a close and 2022 right around the corner, and content marketing is still one of the most utilized (and effective) forms of marketing in the B2B landscape. From podcasts to email marketing, content has been the proven method that has helped numerous businesses increase their number of leads and revenue. So if you are a fan of content marketing like we are, here is a round-up of the top content marketing statistics you need to know going into 2022!
B2B Content Marketing Statistics
Developing a content marketing strategy is one of the most effective ways to grow your business. Both B2B and B2C business models are using it because it works. How do we know it works? Here are just a few of the reasons why content marketing is so critical for your business in today’s digital landscape:1. 81% of respondents reported that their company views content as a core business strategy. (Content Marketing Institute)
2. 70% prioritize content quality over quantity. (Point Visible)
3. Content marketing generates over 3x as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less. (Content Marketing Institute)
4. Conversion rates are nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters. (Neil Patel)
5. Nearly 40% of marketers say content marketing is a very important part of their overall marketing strategy. (HubSpot)
6. 51% of content consumption derives from organic search. (Kuno Creative)
7. 72% of content marketing teams considered “how-to” guides one of the best traffic drivers. (SEMrush)
Some companies think that business blogging is dying, but the truth is far from that. Blogging is important because it gives valuable information to your ideal customer and nurtures them through the marketing funnel even further. Let’s look at some of the top blogging stats to show you why blogging is essential in helping your business grow.8. 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their number one inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot)
9. Marketers who prioritize marketing efforts (e.g. making blogging a serious priority) are 13 times more likely to see positive ROI. (HubSpot)
10. Longreads of 7000+ words gets 4x more traffic and 1.5x more shares. (SEMrush)
11. Headlines of 14 words or more got 5X more backlinks. (Convince and Convert)
12. 51% of companies say updating old content has proven the most efficient tactic implemented. (SEMrush)
13. Listicles get 2x more shares than other blog post formats. (SEMrush)
BONUS TIP: Be sure to do keyword research before starting your blog. You will be able to see what keywords are receiving the most traffic from your audience!
Email Marketing Statistics
Email marketing is one of the top ways that B2B businesses nurture their audience through the buyer’s journey. With email marketing, your team can target customers with content that is helpful to them in their current buyer’s journey stage. Here are some of the reasons why your business should be utilizing email marketing if you aren’t already:14. Email campaigns are one of the top content marketing methods B2B marketers use to nurture their audience. (Content Marketing Institute)
15. For every $1 spent on email marketing, you can expect an average of $42 in return. (DMA)
16. Marketers who used segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue. (Campaign Monitor)
BONUS TIP: Set up email automations to send your email list personalized emails and save your team time!
Video Marketing Statistics
Video is on the rise with TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube, and other social media platforms. Customers now not only want to read about your products or services, but they want to be able to see it in the form of a video too. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the reasons why video marketing is a powerful tool:17. 87% of marketers say that video has increased traffic to their website. (Wyzowl)
18. 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service. (Wyzowl)
BONUS TIP: Embed a video on your blog posts to keep your website visitors engaged and delighted!
Podcasting is another great tool for your business to put into action. When your ideal customer doesn’t have time to read or watch your content, they can listen to it in the form of a podcast instead. If your buyer persona is always on the go, this may be a content marketing option worth exploring! Let’s take a look at the advantages of having a podcast.19. It is estimated that there are 73 million people who listen to podcasts each month. (Edison Research)
20. 45% of those in the U.S. age 12+ have listened to audio in a car through a cell phone. (Edison Research)
21. 17% of marketers plan to incorporate podcasts into their content marketing strategy. (HubSpot)
Bonus Tip: Make sure that your podcast description is always linking back to your website. That way if you have your podcast on Spotify or Apple, your audience will always know where to find you!
What is Your Content Marketing Strategy for 2021?
If you’ve gathered anything from this statistics round-up, let it be that content marketing is critical for the success of your digital marketing efforts. Without having a solid content marketing plan, you will miss out on a huge opportunity to spread your message to potential customers online.
Need help bringing in more qualified leads? Download the "How to Run an Inbound Campaign" Checklist to get started!